You can easily install Custom Rom Marshmallow GT S5360 Android update on Samsung Galaxy Y with this guide. This will allow you to experience Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy Y handset. Samsung Galaxy Y has been an innovative Android smartphone when it was first introduced. However, the smartphone era has been changed completely so that the Galaxy Y was underpowered by newly released models with new Marshmallow OS. Those who are still using Samsung Galaxy Y but want to experience the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on their devices can follow the below procedure to install the update.
Custom Rom Marshmallow GT S5360 Update Requirements
Do not use any other device to install the Custom Rom Marshmallow GT S5360 file as the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 is the only device designed to install. Before starting the procedure, make sure there is more than 70% charging level. Your personal data should be backed up into other storage as the update will wipe out all the data in the device memory and the process is irreversible. You also need to install custom recovery and root your device.
Custom Rom Marshmallow GT S5360 Flashing Process
Here are the steps to install the custom ROM installation:
- Download the file needed to install the Custom Rom Marshmallow GT S5360 update for the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 from the download page.
- Copy the file into the device’s SD card.
- Reboot the device in the recovery mode. You can do this turn the device off and then press and hold the lock and volume up key at the same time until the device start the recovery mode.
- Navigate to Advanced and choose to clear cache, erase Dalvik cache and wipe data.
- Choose Unmount System, cache, data, and SD card.
- Choose Install zip from SD Card and then search and open the file you have copied before. This will install the ROM zip file from SD card. Wait for the process to complete that might take some time. When done, you need to reboot your device. This is the first time you boot your system after installing update so it will take longer than usual. Now you have successfully installed the Marshmallow update installed into your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 device but there is last thing to do.
- Download and install the GAPPS tool to complete the update. To install the tool you just need to repeat the above Custom ROM installation but in the recovery menu you must choose GAPPS file instead of Custom Rom Marshmallow GT S5360 ROM file from your SD card.