Managing a custom ROM for Grand 2 XDA is pretty easy as long as you follow the steps and you have read all the information carefully. Don’t forget that there are also prerequisites that you need to do before managing the custom ROM. Fail to do this and you may potentially damage your device.
Grand 2 XDA Prerequisites
Here are some things that you need to remember before doing the custom ROM installation on your Grand 2 XDA device:
- The custom ROM installation will improve UI experience and device’s overall performance but you also need to remember that it will void the warranty. If you want to return the device’s original performance, you can always flash it with the stock ROM.
- This type of firmware is only available for the intended type of smartphone. When you download the link and the firmware, it is meant for your device’s type only. If you try it for other devices, you may experience failure. Your phone may be bricked. That’s why it is advisable that you check your type by accessing Settings, choose About Phone, and choose Model Number.
Grand 2 XDA and the Step by Step Procedures
Here is how you do the custom ROM installation on your Grand 2 XDA:
- Copy the custom ROM firmware zip files along with the Google Apps (GAPPS) files on your PC.
- Connect your PC and your smartphone via the USB cable. You should have installed the USB driver in your PC to enable this.
- Copy and save the zip files on your memory card. Place it in the card root, not in any folder. Mae sure that the device has been rooted first and the ClockworkMod Recovery tool has been available.
- You need to turn off your smartphone and remove it from your PC.
- Enter the Recovery mode by pressing Home, Volume Up, and Power button together.
- Perform Factory Reset or Wipe Data to clear the memory. You can use the Power button to choose and the Volume buttons to move around.
- Do Wipe Cache Partition to clear off the cache memory
- Go to ClockworkMod Recovery, choose Advanced and click on Wipe Dalvik Cache. Although this is an optional step but it is advisable for a smoother end results.
- Go back to the recovery screen and choose ‘Install zip files from the SD card’. Focus on the zip ROM files first. After the installation is done, go with the GAPPS files.
- Once the installation is done, reboot your device. As you can see, managing the custom ROM system in your Grand 2 XDA isn’t difficult, is it?