GT-P7510 Marshmallow Installation Hack
So, how do you tweak the GT-P7510 Marshmallow? Although Samsung has confirmed that they are still working on the Marshmallow 6.0 update for their tab variant, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510, you can actually enjoy the custom firmware for the Marshmallow so you can enjoy the new features. There is basically a lot of different open sources firmware out there – you only need to choose the right one for you. The process is fairly simple as long as you follow the steps to the letter. There is nothing too technical or too complicated with the whole thing, really.
GT-P7510 Marshmallow Unofficial Firmware
As it was mentioned before, the official release from Samsung hasn’t been made but some of the open-source firmware has been available and ready for use. But mind you that these updates may pose some bug issues and they may not be as smooth as expected. But if you aren’t afraid of some minor problems and if you want to try the updates, follow the directions for the installation. Don’t forget to always backup your data so you won’t have to worry about a thing.
GT-P7510 Marshmallow Prerequisite
Before you start with the process of GT-P7510 Marshmallow download and installation, don’t forget to check the model number of your device. The name should be Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (GT-P7510). If the model number isn’t the same with that, don’t proceed with the process.
Don’t forget that you should also install the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab. The firmware should be transferred to your device and to do so, it should be connected to the driver. Make sure you have downloaded and installed it manually.
GT-P7510 Marshmallow Steps
Basically, here are the things you should do to initiate the process:
- Download the ROM Marshmallow and Google Apps packages. Let the zip folders as they are; don’t attempt to unzip them.
- Connect your tab to the computer with a USB cable
- Transfer or remove the downloaded folders to the memory card or phone root
- When the transfer completes, disconnect and turn off the tab.
- Enter the Recovery Mode by pressing Home and Volume up and Power button together. Press and wait until you see the notification that you are in the Recovery mode.
- By using the Volume button to move around and Power button to choose, you should be able to see various options, including ‘Factory Reset or Wipe Data’.
- Choose ‘Wipe Cache Partition’
- Choose ‘Advanced Option’ and choose ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Choose ‘Install zip from SD Card and choose the ROM Marshmallow’. Confirm it and don’t interrupt the overall process.
- Choose Google Apps package and confirm the installation.
- Once it is done, choose the option ‘Reboot System Now’. And you can have your GT-P7510 Marshmallow running and operating now!