Nokia XL Marshmallow ROM: How to Do It
It isn’t difficult to deal and manage the download and also installation of Nokia XL Marshmallow ROM method that may require an extra effort – but you don’t have to break too much sweat on it. The custom ROM system is another alternative way to experience the new Marshmallow experience in your device. So, even the manufacturer releasing your phone doesn’t provide the official update, you can still do it without any difficulty.
Nokia XL Marshmallow ROM
Although not many people are familiar with the custom Nokia XL Marshmallow ROM (especially since it is highly likely that he device won’t get the official update), it doesn’t mean that you can’t do it on your own. With the custom ROM, you can still get the same Marshmallow experience even without the official upgrade.
Nokia XL Marshmallow ROM Method
As it was mentioned before, you don’t have to worry if your device doesn’t get the official update for the Nokia device. You can always get the custom ROM although you may have to spend an extra effort. Don’t worry, this method should be fine as long as you follow the required directions and steps.
Here are the things you should do when you manage the Nokia XL Marshmallow ROM on your own:
Backup your data.
Keep in mind that doing this may void your warranty – some may while some may not so it would be wiser if you can find out the details.
There shouldn’t be any bug issue but in case there is any after the custom ROM installation, you should note it down and report to the developer.
How to manage the download and installation?
- You should find some files or folders related to the installation. You should find the zip ROM files and also GAPPS files. In the ROM files, there will be ROM part 1 and 2 so don’t separate them. Copy and keep them in your SD Card.
- Turn off your device and enter the Recovery mode
- When you see the option ‘install zip from SD Card’, choose it
- When you see the option ‘Choose zip from SD Card’, go with it and locate the previously saved files.
- If you are asked to install it, go with ‘yes’
- When it is done, repeat the steps no 4 and 5 for the GAPPS files.
- When it is done, you should reboot your phone.
- Wait for the startup screen to appear. This may take a while so be patient.
As you can see, the download and the installation aren’t difficult at all. After all, who says that managing your own Nokia XL Marshmallow ROM will be complicated and difficult?